Helping Information Tell Its Story
On its own a dictionary is just a collection of words. An author helps those words tell their story. On its own information is just a collection of numbers. I can help your numbers tell their story. Numbers, like words, mean nothing on their own. Those numbers must be crafted into a story that is accurate, true, and compelling. I can help you find the story behind your data. That story will be accurate (factually correct), true (representing some worthwhile insight), and compelling (understandable in a way that leads to action).
I am a business analyst and project manager with a wide range of experience. Someone who understands business and technology. A professional who can work with technical or business teams. A clear and effective communicator. A resource you can rely on.
- Twenty years experience in IT and business reengineering projects.
- Understand the interdependencies of business and technology: have written business requirements documents, developed functional and technical specifications, performed risk analysis, and mapped business processes.
- Extensive experience with the UniVerse MultiValue database (part of the IBM U2 family).
- Experienced in Microsoft® Visual Basic® and Excel® (e.g. scripting, DDE, pivot tables)
- Performed risk analysis and maintained risk management plans.
- Created prototype for electronic data collection and processing, replacing paper forms and faxes with customer self-service model.
- Managed projects that created, trader support (market “dashboard”), and trade management (track the performance of individual trades) systems.
- Analyzed client business processes to create efficiencies, generate cost savings, and ensure compliance with federal regulations (HIPAA).
- Worked with a Six Sigma team to map business processes and develop quality metrics.
- Designed a proprietary trading system (market timing and position sizing).
- Performed modeling, statistical analysis, and back testing of proprietary trading systems.
Twenty years of experience across many industries and in three countries. Provided solutions, programmed software, and analyzed problems in a variety of business areas. These include, supply chain management, postal operations, finance, reinsurance (including a Lloyd's of London syndicate), legal practice management, membership and subscription, and wholesale distribution.